September 15, 2011

Overcoming Tragedy - Family Is Forever

Ever since our son, Brey has passed away, it's been hard to overcome
the emotions of loss and sorrow, but we are making an effort to stay positive
and keep our chins up for our twin girls.
Vanessa and Veronica are our prides and joys right now.
Veronica has such an innocent smile and Vanessa is a sweet little baby!

I decided to get my hair cut and try a different style for once in my life
for a nice change.

We couldn't clean the burned parts out of the old house,
so we moved down town to a bigger home near the lake side.
It's a very pleasant setting and a good place to raise our daughters.

On the night we moved in, I was still remembering my son's passing,
but I tried to hold it together because my daughter, Veronica was nearby.

As we completed our move and settled down for the night,
Pay brought Vanessa upstairs to put her to bed.

Pay met me in the bedroom and he got excited and complimented
me on my new haircut and clothing. He loved how I look!

We settled down and went to bed early that night, but I didn't sleep very well
and was restless.

I ended up waking up early in the morning before the sun even rose
and thought about what life was going to be like now.

I got the girls up when the sun rose and set them down
in their room with a bottle and their dolls.
They spent most of the time singing and playing.

Later that afternoon, we put swimsuits on the girls
and we took them outside to the backyard
where we had a private homemade beach.
We had it laid out for us about a week prior and it turned out
wonderfully. It felt so great to feel the sand between my toes;
it has been ages since I have been to an actual beach!

Vanessa played with in the sand and Pay helped her build a sandcastle
so she could have a place to play with her dolls.

I just couldn't stop thinking about how wonderful it is to finally
be away from all the drama and chaos.

Pay is such a great father and ever so loving to his children.
He is there every step of the way.

He helped Veronica learn to walk that afternoon
and she was delighted to be walking on her own two feet.

Vanessa was having difficulties, but she managed to 
trust me and took my encouragement and took her first steps!

After Pay spent time with Veronica, he decided to slide around
on the water-slide.

Veronica sat down on the sand and sang to her imaginary friend doll
as I helped Vanessa get used to walking.

After awhile, Vanessa got tired of waking and sat down in the sand, she
then mumbled a few words and I took the hint to teach her some more.

I said, "Vanessa, Mommy loves you."
She replied with, "Mommy, Vanessa loves you!"
Awww, she's so darling!

As the night approached, I wasn't feeling so great and
my stomach started to churn.

I had to quickly run inside to the bathroom!

It didn't end well as I ended up throwing up in the toilet...
I thought I had something bad earlier for lunch...

While I was busy making my nausea go away, Pay finished 
helping the girls potty train before they aged up that night!

Veronica is a spitting image of me, except for the curly hair she got
from her father! Oh she's so beautiful!

Vanessa is completely her own being.
She loves pigtails and simple clothing because she likes to be
neat and tidy just like her father... yet
she's spunky like me!

The girls ended the night by discovering they inherited their father's imaginary friend
gene and gossiped about how they were going to freak the kids out at school
by showing up their toy forms... OH my girls!

1 comment: