March 30, 2011

Day One in Egypt

On the first day of the trip, I decided to explore town.
I met up with this one woman who was talking with a small child.
I asked what was new in town and what kind of things 
I might be able to explore here. She gave me some ideas,
so I was about to head off.

Meanwhile, Evie was busy chatting with some nice
ladies at base camp.

I found the entrance to the first tomb I was told to 
go explore.

I found an old stone chest and looked inside.

I lifted a heavy crescent moon shaped stone out of 
the stone chest and put it in the "lock" on the wall.

"WALL"-aaa... the door opened.

I had to figure out many puzzles to get some of these
doors open... the ancients must have never wanted
anyone to see this stuff...

I had to push and pull stones to keep the steps you stand 
on open, in order to break the seal on the door.

After finding some treasure, I headed back to 
base camp for the night.

I came back in my very sporty car only to find my little
girl wasn't there!!!! I was so frantic!
I was just about to go looking for her, but I called her name
first to see if I could prevent having to chase her down.

I called for her and she came running home... 
THANK GOODNESS!!

That silly girl was out looking for moths...
That was the end of an exciting day...

No comments:

Post a Comment