March 31, 2011

Egypt: Day Two Thru Six - Lovin' Mummies!

Day two in Egypt came rather quickly.
I explored the sand-hills and raced passed the palms
looking for stones and treasures.

While I was away, I met this delightful man.
He wasn't rich, he was somewhat of a beggar.
He asked me to find him rare, exquisite stones...
I gladly did, and after a little, I fell head over heels for him.

We did some things and romanced and well...
I may have some buns in the oven!
(I will admit, I am a sucker for romance...)

After visiting that cunning gentleman, whose last name is Nagi.
I went to the village market to speak with some locals.
This time, Evie tagged along and borrowed their telescope.

I went once more to visit Nagi.
Evie didn't care what I was doing,
but insisted I let her tag along.

I was told of a tomb I could go visit in a pyramid...
Evie said she wanted to come badly... 
I only allowed her to stay on the top floor..

I double checked everything to ensure Evie would be
safe. I know that it's not a kid-friendly place,
but I brought her here to Egypt for a reason.

I dove into a pool of water and made sure there
was no traps near by.

I had to disarm a fire trap. I know it's dangerous for her
to be there... but she's almost 10 now...

I picked flame fruit while Evie waited so patiently.

We got out from there and this was the last thing Evie saw
that night... Beautiful!

I left Evie at Base Camp and went to the Sphinx.
I had been dying to see this awesome relic! 

Unfortunately for me...
There were MUMMIES THERE!!!
They got the best of me...

Especially this fat one... o_O
I didn't know that they let them indulge in their food
cravings that much back then... 
I made it back home and the next day we went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment