August 27, 2011

A Bundle of Joy and A Good Friend Gone

It's been a few days since Brey was born and he was getting ready to have his first birthday.
I picked him and snuggled him and said, "Happy birthday baby boy!"

He aged up into a cute toddler with my eyes and his father's hair.
He is a perfect mix of both of us and a spunky boy to boot!

He spent his first birthday with his new stuffed rabbit and sat for hours playing
on the kitchen floor.

Later on that day, I taught him how to walk. He was able to stay standing up on his own
at first, but insisted that I stay there so he could hold on.

I picked him up and said, "Brey you are gonna have to learn to walk sooner
or later, my silly boy."

I set him on his two feet and walked backwards as I reached my arms out
to him and encouraged him to walk. He caught on to walking fairly fast.

I held him close to me as he took deep breaths from his first time walking.

I continued to get him to walk on his own until he was able to keep walking
all by himself. Pay was busy cleaning the house and putting the toys in the baby's room.

Brey finally got the hang of walking and was so excited that he was
able to do so on his own. I was so proud of my little scout.

The next day, I started to teach Brey to walk. He wasn't understanding
me one bit, but I was going to get him to learn.

I tried for an hour to see if he would repeat some words back to me.
I was frustrated, yet I didn't give up.

Eventually, I was able to get him to reply back to me.
His first word was "mommy" :)

After he learned some more words, I put him down for a nap.

After his nap, Brey was put in his high chair where he patiently waited
for his afternoon meal.

His daddy got him some oatmeal and put it down in front of the very excited
toddler.

Before I knew it, Brey had knocked off his food and made a huge mess...
Luckily, I had some extra for the toddler, but I was going to hand feed the little rascal.

The following morning...
Pay brought Brey down for breakfast and gave him some baby food to start with.
He thought the plastic bowl wouldn't make as much mess as the supposedly non-breakable
dish he used before.

Brey made another huge mess, but this time he got it everywhere!

Pay came back into the kitchen only to be shocked by his son's mess.

He picked up the naughty toddler and started to clean the chair and floor.

He put Brey in his playpen and scrubbed the chair spotless.

I got Brey out of the other room and put him down on the kitchen floor with
a nice warm bottle of milk. The silly baby was so thrilled.

Pay continued to clean the house the rest of the day.

Night came quickly and I was exhausted from running around town
and doing shopping. Pay was about to get into bed, but he knew he had to 
kiss his son good night.

He went into Brey's room and said good night to his son and
gave him a teddy bear to keep him settled down.

I was woken up by Pay who told me he had something
to do before bed, so I decided to wait by reading a book.

Brey was a bit restless before bed, but he was very tired to say the least.

He promptly fell asleep after the lights went out.

Pay heard someone had passed away in our family and he was prompted
to go to the Mausoleum to manage the dead.

Our family finally got a plot in the Riverview cemetery.
My father, sister, uncle, and aunt are buried there.

Pay went to the grave site and went to see who had passed away.

He found out it was our cousin, Crissy Mead...

The plaque read: Crissy Mead, died of drowning, age young adult.
~ May she rest in peace ~

She had drowned about a few days ago, but the funeral was so quick and
word hadn't yet passed around because my aunt, Sharly was very upset.

Pay put flowers in the lot in honor of Crissy.
Oh she will be missed.

The next day, he came with me to visit her grave...

Crissy Mead, daughter of Sharly Mead (twin sister to Samantha Mead, my mom)
may you rest in peace...
You will be missed... My true friend, my cousin, you were loved...

No comments:

Post a Comment