August 20, 2011

Pregnancy Ups, Downs, and Baby

It's a new day as the sun rose in the early morning
and Pay was busy practicing his painting.
He is starting his architect design job in a day and
he wanted to make sure he was prepared.

I was up early as well and decided to sit down in the office
and figure out what I wanted to do.

I pulled out a pad of paper and found a pencil and began
to write down some ideas that came to mind and wrote about
my feelings and what I dreamed about the night before.
I figured keeping a journal would help me stay sane.

After a bit, I cleaned the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

I enjoyed a nice refreshing bath in our new tub.

And I got dressed for the day.

Meanwhile, Pay was still in his pajamas and painting away.
My husband will never put down something until it is done...

I went for a swim later on in the day and then helped myself
to the outdoor chess set outside. I started to test my logic and
see if I could best myself again.

Pay was still in his pajamas...
but this time was sketching on the art table.

It was late in the evening, the sun has just set, and I was
feeling nauseous and ready to throw up.

I ran inside to the nearest bathroom and ended up
next to the toilet, even though I didn't want to.

My phone started ringing as I finished up cleaning up...
It was just a solicitor... WHY do they bother me at such hours?
NO I don't want your product!
I'm on a no-call list! Not that it matters!

Anyway, I started to feel funny...
I think I may have gotten pregnant!
I wasn't feeling quite myself...

I changed into some more comfortable clothing and felt my stomach
as I said, "Oh baby, are you there?"

I wandered upstairs to see my husband.
He was still sketching, but finally had changed into his everyday clothing.
"Honey, I am pregnant! We are gonna have a baby!"
I exclaimed.

"Baby?! Oh that's so great! I can't wait!" Pay said with a huge grin.

He looked down toward my stomach and paused for a second.

He then leaned in and rubbed my stomach.
"Our little miracle is in there!" he said with much pleasure.

He suddenly grabbed me close and made out with me.
He kissed me so deeply and with so much passion,
such passion I had never seen before.

The only thing I could do was smile at him and he smiled
back at me and held his hand close to his heart.

"Are you wanting a boy or girl?" I asked.

"Boy, girl, twins, triplets, hun... You can have as many
as you want. I will be here and love them all with 
as much love as I can give," he replied.

"If we have any financial problems, I will take on two jobs,
if not more!" he continued to explain.

"But most of all, I will be right here for you and no matter
how stressed you are, I will sit by your side and hold your hand.
Okay my love?" he said as he watched me smile.

"Oh yes, my love! YES!" I said with happiness.

And we kissed again!

In preparation for the baby, we decided to rebuild the kitchen
and add on some more features to the house.

This is the remodeled kitchen, it's bigger and more roomy.
I just love the rustic look to it!

Pay and I spent a lot of time paying attention to our unborn child.
We were so excited to be having our first baby.
He loved listening for the baby's kicks!

"Let's try something new for dinner!" Pay exclaimed with a clap
and a smile.

He took out the ingredients and started to prepare the meal.

As he put dinner in the oven, I went to set the table.

In about 20 minutes, he had finished the shawarma and
dinner was ready to eat!

We sat down at the table and enjoyed the delicious
food. I now love shawarma! It's my new favorite food!

Pay cleaned up the dining room table and I headed upstairs
to get ready for bed.

 The next morning was the first day of work for Pay.
I got up early and noticed my baby bump had almost doubled
in size over night... Wow, baby must have liked that shawarma...

Pay headed over to his first client's house at 9 am sharp.
He was working for Jamee today!

"Hey Pay, good morning and thanks for coming on time.
Today, I need you to add some windows and maybe fix my doors 
in the back of the house. Can you do that for me?" Jamee asked.
"Sure can do!" Pay replied.

Jamee went inside and left Pay to do his work.

By the end of the day, Pay had taken down some doors
and put in some windows in place. Jamee was okay with his work,
but was tired and didn't have much to say. She paid him for his hard effort
and thanked him for stopping by.

All I did that day was play computer games and write
on my blog. Kinda boring....

 The next day, Pay had a job with the county.
The park rec. counselor needed Pay to redo the 
park where the wedding pagoda was located.
They were having an art show next weekend.
Pay called up some people for supplies and started his planning.
He had a few days to get everything together before he had to present
his work to the rec. center counsel.

I spent my day reading books and sitting around in the office.

Pay came home early, "Garlyne... I have a surprise for you!"
he said. I stared at him wondering what it could be.

He handed me beautiful white flowers...
"I thought my beautiful wife could use some pretty flowers,"
he wittily said.

"Oh thanks hun! They are gorgeous. How was work?" I asked.
"Oh fine, how was your day?" he asked.

"Or should I say, 'how was you and our little angel's day?" he said
as he listened to my stomach. I smiled and laughed as I felt kicking
coming from the baby.

My laughing became grunting as the kicking became painful.
I looked at Pay and said, "Baby angel is coming!"

And baby angel came quickly...
as my little baby boy Brey Mead!

3 comments: