June 12, 2011

Kaitlyn and Kimberly - Toddlers

Kaitlyn and Kimberly aged up!
~My first set of twins~
Kaitlyn has my hair and ironically has my real mom's (Hilary's)
eyes! Kaitlyn actually got her grandma's eyes! How about that?
She looks a lot like how my sister looked when she was little...

Blonde hair runs in the family tracing back to my real dad's son, I guess
my brother? Kimberly got brown eyes from her grandmother on Cooper's side.
The genetics are already jumping around!

Cooper has a real attatchment to my little Kaitlyn.
She looks like me and is as beautiful, I guess that's why.
He is a great father!

The twins are both very focused girls. They enjoy
learning and playing, which makes it hard to get them to go to bed.

Kimberly is teething now and won't stop chewing on
the toys, unfortunately I don't have any chewys for her.

Cooper and I got right to teaching them how to walk the next day.
We thought it was best to encourage them to learn
more while they are so interested.
I'd hate to have a child give up interest because we get lazy.

We both seem to have the same idea on how to teach
the kids how to talk as well...
We use sign language along with speaking to 
help them understand.
The girls eventually caught on.

Cooper potty trained the peeps while I cleaned up the
house and did laundry. He has such a gentle stroke about him.

After learning to potty train, we switched the girls
to big girl underwear.

Kaitlyn in the long run was very pleased with herself.

I finally finished my portrait of Cooper.
I think I got him pretty well, but I added more red
in his skin to add of a focus on his face than background.

Cooper took Kaitlyn out to ride the horse ride in the backyard.
She loved it so much, she wanted more!

Afterward he took her to get a bath,
where she played with the water more than got clean,
but he made sure she wasn't dirty.
He got Kimberly afterward and put them to bed.

At five in the morning, I heard Kimberly whining 
and took her out for a stroll in the stroller.

Cooper woke up later and let me know he was taking
Kaitlyn for a stoll. She was so excited she pretended to drive a car!
Kids and their imagination.. ;)

The kids' birthdays are tomorrow... they can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment